Our process is agile. Our culture is built around collaboration, community, creativity, communication, learning and producing measurable value. Our team is diverse, passionate and driven, including hackers, musicians, math geeks, artists, and makers all working together to achieve our goals.
We are looking for inspired, highly progressive engineers to work with us in devising processes and architectures to reach our goals; someone with a strong computer science background and is always looking at new technology, algorithms and creative solutions but has a pragmatic approach to their application. You love the art of elegant problem solving and you are excited about the possibilities brought about by cloud computing. You like to investigate how others solve problems, evaluate their solutions, apply your own ideas, brainstorm with the team and execute an inventive solution when appropriate.
- You are able to gather requirements, design and implement solutions that are testable, decoupled, isolated and understandable. You can achieve this with basic diagrams, user stories, discussions and some paired programming.
- You will build highly available, distributed systems in the cloud. You will design and build decoupled components for distributed systems. You will be authoring and consuming web services.
- You will be troubleshooting and optimizing through the full stack from the web tier, to the network tier, down to the database. You'll be monitoring network communication, evaluate query execution plans, and using profiling/debugging tools on the host platform.
- You thrive in an environment where you can wear many hats. You will be coaching, teaching and learning with team members. Pairing when appropriate.
- Experience with SQL, including optimization of execution plans.
- Experience with Windows, IIS and SQL Server.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Nice to haves:
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Familiarity AWS Technologies (EC2, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with functional programming paradigms
- Experience with Clojure, Python, and/or Powershell
- Comfort with Linux command shell and scripting
- Network programming; familiarity with HTTP, TCP/IP
- Application security : VPCs, virtual firewalls, certs, encryption, IDS, penetration testing
- Monitoring/profiling/tuning distributed applications
- Statistics/machine learning background
- Understanding of property based testing (QuickCheck, Clojure test.check, FsCheck)
- DevOps experience with Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Pallet
- Comfortable working with CSS
- Familiarity with Apache offerings such as Tomcat, ActiveMQ and Solr
- Interest in using Datomic
- At home with git
- Appreciate elegant yet simple solutions with a good walk up story
More about us
- Develop on a top of the line MacBook Pro
- Opportunity to attend training/conferences to advance your skills
- Great health insurance plan
- Gym membership in our building
- 401k Plan
- Flexible time and part time remote work
- Bonus plan allows you to benefit from the company’s success
Sorry, no Visa sponsorships or transfers available.